Ofsted workshops a great success
In response to demand from members, GMLPF recently held two Ofsted workshops. The first, Ofsted for Beginners was designed for learning providers who are Ofsted novices including:
- those who are new on register of training providers, either new to the industry or former sub-contractors
- subcontractors subject to inspection due to relationship with prime
- staff in providers who are new or know little about Ofsted even though the provider has experience
The workshop was delivered by Jackie Shopland-Reed, Ofsted inspector and owner/director of Apprenticeship provider Lite Ltd. It focussed on types of inspection, what to expect from each, structure and components, how to prepare and other key areas.
The second workshop, Ofsted for Experienced Providers, was delivered by Ofsted inspector, Kath Townsley, in association with QLS, and targeted those providers who had knowledge and previous experience of the Ofsted process. The workshop looked at
- Recent changes to the Further Education & Skills Inspection Handbook
- Key areas providers are tripping up on in inspection
- Emerging themes
There was also the opportunity for delegates to get individual feedback on their SARs.
Both workshops were extremely well received with all delegates rating them as very good or excellent. The knowledge and training ability of both trainers was rated as excellent.
Offering two workshops for different categories of provider is reflective of GMLPF’s current drive to tailor our member services to meet individual organisations’ needs.