Many members attended the Devolution of AEB Workshop held at the Hilton Hotel on Monday 20th August. The event was an opportunity to find out more about the plans for the devolution of AEB and for the Combined Authority to gauge the level of interest, amongst the provider base, to become involved in bidding for AEB resources and to get feedback from providers on how the devolved budget might best be rolled out and implemented.
Key messages that emerged included:
- The overall AEB budget for the Liverpool City Region is likely to be in the region of £50-52m for 2019/20 but will depend on spend in the 2018/19 year
- Devolution will involve a mix of grant funding and procured activity
- Of this budget some £10-15m will be procured by the Combined Authority – the balance of the budget will be grant funded to Colleges and Local Authorities
- The commissioning – procurement process will commence in October 2018 with:
- A Standard Selection Questionnaire (SQ) for providers interested in tendering being issued in October
- Deadline for SQs to be submitted in November
- Invitations to Tender being issued in December 2018
- Deadline for submitted tenders in February 2019
- Contract awards – April 2019
- Delivery commencing – August 2019
- Details about what the LCR CA wishes to procure can be found in the above links but they will continue to fund local statutory entitlement provision which is likely to account for 25% of funding and 31% of learners respectively. Outside of this they are keen to ensure that provision addresses key local, social (inclusive growth) and economic priorities which relate back to the LCR Skills Strategy
GMLPF will continue to ensure that members receive updates on the devolution of AEB and the proposed procurement round. If members have any questions then feel free to contact Ian at GMLPF for more information.
You can access the presentation from the event via the links below or at www.lcrskillsforgrowth.org.uk/aeb