The LCR Mayoral Combined Authority (MCA) and DWP convened a meeting last week to set out its plans to support the city region’s young people aged 18+ who are unemployed or who are facing redundancy
As shown in our recent research and national studies too, younger people are most likely to be impacted by the downturn, especially 16 to 25-year-olds.
Accordingly, the LCR MCA and DWP want to help the 18-24 age group access appropriate information, advice and guidance. They wish to establish a network of physical hubs (across the LCR) to enable easy access, a virtual hub offering access to remote services and to produce a digital calendar of IAG activities.
They would like to know if members can assist by playing a role in
- Encouraging young people to get involved with design and delivery by promoting the MMYAG?
- Joining the LCR Youth Employment Task Force?
- Delivering a virtual event for young people?
- Promoting the Youth Offer once it is up and running?
- Offering space that could host a physical youth hub regularly?
- Providing staff that could work on an outreach basis from a youth hub?
They are also keen to pull together the digital calendar of IAG events to promote to young people. If you have any relevant activities planned, please complete the youth offer template and return it to [email protected] by Friday 17th July. It is the intention, I understand, to update this regularly and publicise the opportunities on a new LCRCA Youth Offer Portal. Hopefully, there will be an official launch on Monday 27th July.