Aigburth Training Opportunities
A community-focussed childcare training provider, Aigburth Training Opportunities (ATO), offers young people high-quality training services in a caring and supportive context.
ATO has developed a strong network of satisfied employer clients, providing them with a range of childcare training and associated qualifications such as assessor and verifier training, and CIEH health and safety programmes.
ATO’s strengths lie in its individual approach to supporting learners, its high achievement rates, and in its pioneering work to help apprentices progress into higher education.
Apprenticeships, NVQs, Train to Gain, Accelerated Programme-Led Apprenticeships, A1 and V1 qualifications (Assessor and Verifier Awards), CIEH (Health and Safety)
Strengths, achievements and expertise
- Has developed its own on-site, modern childcare nursery, providing high-quality daycare places for babies and toddlers from the local community. The nursery also provides a daycare facility for any ATO’s learners who have small children.
- Has built an outstanding track record in encouraging and supporting its learners to progress onto Higher Education. ATO apprentices have progressed onto Diplomas in Nursing, Diplomas in Midwifery, Foundation Degrees in Early Years Management, and BA Honours degrees in Childcare and Youth.
- Participates in Aimhigher’s Vocational Champions initiative, and also its Progress to Success programme, which has seen ATO build links with Lancaster University to arrange talks and visits there for its learners.
- Has developed strong community links, providing practical support for several minority ethnic groups including the local Chinese community and political asylum seekers from Cameroon.
- Very good links with referral agencies such as Connexions, and VOLA
- Innovative approach to Key Skills: shaping learning so it addresses issues of relevance to young people and citizenship eg climate change, crime, drugs and alcohol.
- Dame Lorna EF Muirhead DBE Lord-Lieutenant of Merseyside has recently become the patron of ATO
- Currently working towards the Matrix award
[button link=”http://www.gmlpf.net/provider-focus/” color=”#800080″ window=”false” size=”small”]Back to Provider Focus[/button]
0151 708 7868