Hugh Baird College
With over 7,000 students, over 300 courses, and working with 800 businesses, Hugh Baird College is committed to improving careers and business productivity through excellent education, training and support.
Located in Bootle, Hugh Baird prides itself on its commitment to the needs of the community, and its focus on quality, evidenced by the achievement of several awards as well as high student pass rates. The College has been top of the Government league tables for Further Education Colleges in Merseyside for the last four years (based on points score per exam entry), and is in the top 5% of colleges nationally for developing students (contextualised value added score).
Planning permission has been submitted for a new £8million building, which aims to put the community at the heart of Hugh Baird College. The ultra-modern premises will provide public facilities, intended to fuel regeneration and future jobs.
The Workforce Development Unit at Hugh Baird College specialises in identifying and meeting business needs for organisations across Greater Merseyside and beyond. It offers a range of services from free advice and guidance, to bespoke training courses and apprentices. The College’s Workforce Development Unit can help businesses improve productivity, decrease expenditure, improve staff skills, retention and morale, meet compliance standards, and raise their profile and credibility.
Apprenticeships, NVQs, AS/A2 levels, Higher Education, bespoke courses for businesses
Accountancy & Finance, Art & Design, Business Studies & Administration, Catering & Hospitality, Computing & IT, Construction, Engineering & Electrical Installation, Floristry, Hairdressing & Beauty Therapy, Health, Social and Childcare, Law, Maths & Science, Media & Music Technology, Motor Vehicle Maintenance, Performing Arts, Public Services, Sport & Leisure, Teacher Training, Travel & Tourism, Visual Merchandising & Promotional Design
Strengths, achievements and expertise
- The College has an excellent care and personal support programme, evidenced by the Matrix Excellence Mark for Embedded Information, Advice and Guidance, the only college in Merseyside to hold this mark
- 93% of Hugh Baird’s employer clients would recommend the College to others, and 94% are satisfied with the quality of training that the College has provided their employees
- The College is the first in the country to receive the international Achievement through Well-Being Award, reflecting their commitment to nurturing and developing each student.
- Hugh Baird College holds the prestigious Training Excellence Award, which recognises the high standard of their business training.
- Ofsted says Hugh Baird College is outstanding for inclusion and equality of opportunity with highly motivated, enthusiastic teachers, and student behaviour is extremely good
- The College provides a free, impartial business analysis service to companies.
[button link=”http://www.gmlpf.net/provider-focus/” color=”#800080″ window=”false” size=”small”]Back to Provider Focus[/button]
0151 353 4444