Michael John Academy
Michael John Academy (formerly Michael John of Liverpool) has over 30 years’ experience of providing expert hair and beauty training and associated support services.
With new state-of-the-art premises due to open early in 2012, Michael John Academy offers world-class facilities and a hands-on approach to training. The Liverpool-based training centre enjoys high levels of learner retention and achievement both in schools and on post-16 training including Apprenticeships.
Training staff are professionally qualified, many with experience of running their own salons which gives them strong insight into the needs of their extensive network of employers.
Michael John of Liverpool became Michael John Academy on 1st August 2011.
Apprenticeships, Advanced Apprenticeships, Adult Apprenticeships, Foundation Learning, Functional Skills, NVQs, Increased Flexibility, bespoke programmes; Workplace Learning
Barbering, beauty therapy, hairdressing, nail services and spa therapy.
Strengths, achievements and expertise
- 90% of learners who complete their NVQ with MJOL find employment in the hair and beauty industries
- New premises for 2012! : state-of-the-art Liverpool city centre premises at the Michael John Academy on Renshaw Street. Facilities include: hairdressing salons; barbering salon; beauty salon; nail bar; spa; lecture facilities; IT suites; employer enterprise pods; conference facilities. The facilities have been part-funded by the Regional Capital Skills Development Project.
- Satellite training centres in Old Swan, Birkdale and Preston city centre.
- The only training company to have one of its learners win the Hairdressing Council’s prestigious UK Hairdressing Student of the Year award
- In 2011, Michael John Academy’s hairdressing apprenticeship programme expanded significantly when it incorporated apprentices from headlineshair.
- Achieved Matrix Award (for information, advice and guidance services) and RoQA (Recognition of Quality Award); and recently Michael John Academy became the only private training provider to successfully achieve the Training Quality Standard (TQS) with Excellence in Hair and Beauty, demonstrating the high level of support offered to employers.
- Ofsted grade two provider for overall effectiveness
- Holds high-profile annual hair and beauty competition event
- Comprehensive, individually-tailored support available for learners in literacy and numeracy, and to address any personal issues such as housing, finance, or health
- Support available for learners with disabilities or learning difficulties
- Member of the Merseyside Hairdressing Forum
- Strong links with Habia, standards setting body for qualifications in hair and beauty
[button link=”http://www.gmlpf.net/provider-focus/” color=”#800080″ window=”false” size=”small”]Back to Provider Focus[/button]
Over 400 learners
Michael John Academy,
42-46 Renshaw St
Liverpool L1 4EF
0151 708 8558