National Construction Academy
The National Construction Academy is a national training provider to the construction industry, and part of the Newcastle College Group. It delivers construction and building services training including work-based learning, further and higher education programmes from centres across the North West, East and West Midlands. The flagship centre is in Newcastle Upon Tyne, and National Construction Academy assessors work with employers across the UK construction industry to deliver training in the workplace.
With a turnover of more than £162m Newcastle College Group’s three divisions form one of the largest educational, training and employability organisations in the UK.
The National Construction Academy endeavours to change attitudes towards work and education, encouraging students to become actively involved in developing their vocational and employability skills in the construction sector.
- Foundation Learning Programmes in Brick, Plaster, P&D and Joinery
- Level 1 National Diploma (trades as above)
- Level 2 National Diploma for 16 – 18 year olds and 19+ (trades as above).
- Apprenticeships to NVQ Level 2 for 16-18 year olds and 19+ (trades as above)
- Short term and bespoke training courses for employers, unemployed, ex-offenders and DIY enthusiasts.
Construction: wood occupations, bricklaying, plastering, painting and decorating
Strengths, achievements and expertise
- Experts in providing a full apprentice training service for employers, from recruitment through to completion of apprenticeship
- Comprehensive employer training needs analysis ensuring that skills and training fully meet the needs of the employer
- Purpose built training centre with modern facilities
- Fully flexible approach to meet employers’ needs
- Indoor sports area and enrichment programme
- Newcastle College achieved Training Quality Standard (TQS) with excellence in construction, hospitality, leisure, travel and tourism, engineering, fashion and textiles, and automotive skills.
- Received Grade One at OFSTED inspection in July 2008
- Newcastle College is one of only nineteen colleges awarded Beacon Status in the UK
[button link=”http://www.gmlpf.net/provider-focus/” color=”#800080″ window=”false” size=”small”]Back to Provider Focus[/button]
2000 employers in the North West
Liverpool Construction Centre
Barclays Business Centre,
Waring Road, Liverpool, L9 7AU.
0151 523 1708