North West Training Council
Formed in 1963, North West Training Council (formerly Merseyside Training Council) is one of the oldest, most experienced and most successful training providers in the North West.
North West Training Council (NWTC) specialises in introducing young people to hundreds of engineering and construction employers who are looking to employ apprentices. In NWTC’s long history they have help over 20,000 people into apprenticeships.
NWTC offices and training centre are based in Bootle. From here, they deliver the components of apprenticeships: NVQ training, technical certificates and key skills training. They also deliver a wide range of commercial training courses in health and safety and technical programmes.
NWTC has conference facilities available for hire.
Apprenticeships, Train to Gain, commercial training programmes, schools’ Diplomas, alternative curriculum programmes for schools, ACS training & assessment, AM2 training & testing centre.
Electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, fabrication & welding, security alarm engineers, electrical installation.
Carpentry & joinery, plumbing, bricklaying, plastering, painting & decorating
Strengths, achievements and expertise
- Over 800 learners following a wide range of apprenticeships in the Engineering and Construction sectors across Merseyside
- Over 350 adults working towards NVQ levels 2, 3 & 4 on the LSC’s Train to Gain programme
- Experts in providing a full apprentice training service for employers. From recruitment through to completion of the apprenticeship
- Conducts company training needs analysis to ensure training meets employer needs
- Purpose built training centre with conference facilities, state of the art IT suites and modern training rooms
- Awarded Grade 2 ‘Good Provider’ for all our sector areas and management
- Training can be delivered in the workplace on a one to one basis at times that meets the needs of the employer and learners including those on shift patterns.
- Awards include Investors in People and Matrix Standard
[button link=”http://www.gmlpf.net/provider-focus/” color=”#800080″ window=”false” size=”small”]Back to Provider Focus[/button]
800 apprentices training
350 adults in training
Dunnings Bridge Road
0151 523 0808