Rathbone is a UK-wide voluntary youth sector organisation providing opportunities for young people to transform their life-circumstances by re-engaging with learning, discovering their ability to succeed and achieving progression to further education, training and employment.
In 2008 / 2009 Rathbone engaged with more than 17,000 young people through our programmes delivered at or from our more than 70 centres. In England alone Rathbone worked with 2,300 Apprentices and more than 5,300 young people on the Entry to Employment programme.
Since January 2009 Rathbone have opened three new centres in Merseyside in Speke, Runcorn and Knowsley. In February 2010 they opened a large Skill Centre in the area of Speke offering various vocational training programmes and qualifications.
The Speke Rathbone centre based in South Liverpool Social Business Centre, opened in 2009. It is situated near Speke in the suburb of Garston and is a short bus ride from city centre.
Entry to Employment, Foundation Learning, Apprenticeships, Young Apprenticeship programmes.
Construction, Hair and Beauty, Catering and Hospitality, Motor Vehicle, Skills for Life.
Strengths, achievements and expertise
- During 2008/2009 Rathbone reached 4,100 young people through Positive Activities, Youth Justice System, volunteering in the community and also community and detached youth work
- During 2008/2009 Rathbone supported over 2,300 young people on a range of Apprenticeship programmes
- Rathbone worked with over 8,400 young people at Foundation Level across England, Scotland and Wakes to improve their basic skills and their readiness for further education and employment
- Rthbone is the largest Voluntary Sector provider of work based training in England and one of the largest ten national providers funded by the LSC
- Rathbone have embarked upon a new partnership with Jaguar Land Rover to provide Young Apprenticeships
- Opened three new training centres in the last sixteen months in Merseyside: Speke, Runcorn and Knowsley
- Provide learners with up to date qualifications and training, ensuring employers have skilled and motivated staff
- Programmes have helped reduce the number of NEETS across the country at a time of massive youth unemployment
- Rathbone delivers training across a wide and comprehensive range of sectors with further expansion planned for the near future.
[button link=”http://www.gmlpf.net/provider-focus/” color=”#800080″ window=”false” size=”small”]Back to Provider Focus[/button]
Unit 7 Sky Park International
0151 448 2040