Rocket Training Limited has been delivering work based learning in Liverpool for 30 years with 3 training centres across the city and 1 training centre in Wirral. They offer Apprenticeships and Advanced Apprenticeships in Motor Vehicle Engineering, Business Administration, Customer Service and Retail, as well as a comprehensive Foundation Learning programme for young people aged 14 to 19.
Apprenticeships, Advanced Apprenticeships, Foundation Learning (Vocational Learning, Personal Development, Employability Skills, Functional Skills (Math, English & ICT)
Motor Vehicle Engineering
- Business administration
- Customer service
Strengths, achievements and expertise
- Active member of the Liverpool Provider Network, Knowsley Provider Network and Chair of the Wirral Provider Network. Member of Greater Merseyside Business Administration and Retail Sector Networks and sit on the Board of the Greater Merseyside Learning Provider Federation.
- Investors in People accredited organisation and have achieved the Matrix award for Impartial Careers Education and Guidance.
- Graded “good” by Ofsted at latest inspection during March 2010.
- Apprentices on Motor Vehicle Engineering attend one day a week for off- job learning. This is classroom based activity for the first 6-8 months and covers the under-pinning knowledge to complete the Apprenticeship framework and leads to the Vehicle Maintenance Technical certificate at either level 2 or level 3 and Keyskills or Functional Skills.
- Business Administration, Customer Service and Retail are delivered mainly in the workplace with off job activity covering the Functional Skills aspect of the apprenticeship framework. The technical certificate and NVQ are taught, delivered and assessed on the employer’s premises.
- Delivery patterns for Foundation Learning are flexible and can be built around an individual’s ability and requirements. The levels on offer range from Entry Level 1 up to Level 2. A range of Awarding Bodies are used: EDI, NOCN, ABC Awards, IMI Awards, Btec, City & Guilds, British Safety Council.
- Rocket Training Limited has embraced the use of new technology wherever possible, e-NVQs are available in most qualifications, the use of digital images and voice recording is used to reduce the amount of paper evidence produced and to ensure evidence is captured as it naturally occurs. Interactive whiteboards are used when appropriate and learners are encouraged to share their thoughts and learning experiences via our regular learner forums and feedback sessions.
[button link=”http://www.gmlpf.net/provider-focus/” color=”#800080″ window=”false” size=”small”]Back to Provider Focus[/button]
100 foundation learners
Rocket Trading Centre
Bowring Park Road
Liverpool L14 3NL
0151 259 1556