The Vocational College
The Vocational College (TVC) provides high-end, flexibly-delivered training services to employers and young people starting their careers. A multi-award winning provider, it offers a diverse choice of programmes developed to equip its clients with the skills and tools necessary to succeed in a challenging economic climate. A national company, the Vocational College has been established over 16 years, operating from several centres across the country. It is recognised for its vocational expertise in a number of industry sectors, with a notable reputation as a leading national provider for the glass and glazing sector.
Foundation Learning, Apprenticeships, NVQs, Management Training, Staff Training & Development Advice, Recruitment Support
Glass-Related Occupations: Manufacturing, Processing, Fabrication, Glazing, Installation and Fenestration. Sports & Recreation, Leadership & Management, Foundation Learning
Strengths, achievements and expertise
- One of the country’s leading providers of training for the Glass and Glazing industry, working with employers such as the Pilkington Group, Kawneer, Velux, Everest, Safestyle, and many other Independent Companies
- An accredited centre for City & Guilds, OCR, GQA, CITB, and ILM with strong affiliations to many other awarding bodies.
- Represents providers on the SSC Glass Board, and is involved with the Qualifications Reform Group in the sector.
- Has been awarded the “National Provider of the Year” by GTL, the former Glass Industry NTO three times in the last five years
- THREE of its learners have received “National Apprentices” awards in the last five years from Proskills, the SSC for the Glass Sector. One winner has since become a fully qualified Assessor with TVC
- Achieved a “National Training Award” (Regional Group) in 2009/10 for it’s Management Training and Development
- Flagship management programme: The Bullet Proof Manager, an accredited International Development Award certificated by The Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM), recognised in 50 countries, and translated into 25 different languages.
- Transnational Partner for ESF Programme in Romania providing extensive Management Development 2011-2013, and has worked in partnership with providers in Europe and South America to quality assure similar programme
- Has developed an independent department of Health & Safety experts who focus exclusively on providing “Outstanding” (OfSTED) support and advice to their clients and learners: a free but commercially invaluable service
- Awards include: English Training Provider of the Year 2006, 2007, and 2009. First ProSkills Apprentice of the Year 2006, and then in 2009 and 2010. South Cumbria Apprentice of the Year 2005.
- Full conference facilities at Head Office site, for up to 100 delegates. Video learning capability throughout the UK. E-portfolio systems
- “Good” grading from Ofsted in July 2010
[button link=”http://www.gmlpf.net/provider-focus/” color=”#800080″ window=”false” size=”small”]Back to Provider Focus[/button]
The Vocational College
Liverpool L20 8DN
0800 083 0936