GMLPF has a clear mission to represent the interests of organisations providing learning and skills services .
We focus on being their voice and, with the ever evolving political landscape, help keep them well informed and ahead of the game. As well as the bigger colleges, many smaller and independent training providers find enormous benefit from GMLPF membership – accessing support and resources that they otherwise may not be able to afford.
Government policy changes
The support we provide spans everything from helping members prepare for Government policy changes such as Apprenticeships Reform, to running workshops on preventing radicalisation among students.
Marketing support is also available to members. During the summer of 2015 we ran a radio advertising campaign on Juice FM aimed at young people and secured a substantial amount of regional editorial coverage – both of which have benefitted members directly.
One of the most powerful tools we offer is the Mapped Out directory.
Mapped Out is the only regional directory of its kind in the UK. It offers GMLPF members the ability to list all their training opportunities in a single place, searchable by their entire audience in one fell swoop.
Rachel Bertenshaw, is General Manager at Mercia Training, a long standing member of GMLPF. Rachel says: ’Mercia has felt the benefits of GMLPF training for a number of years, most recently when we attended the workshop on radicalisation. We were aware that we had a new legal requirement to extend our safeguarding of students but it’s always a challenge to know where to start. That’s where GMLPF stepped in.
We attended the workshop and discussed with other members what best practice could be. Ultimately this means that we’re providing the best service possible for our students so the GMLPF membership cost is very modest compared to the benefits.’
Training providers that have recently joined up include Fit UK, Hit Training, North West Education and Training, Now Skills, Street League and The Military Preparation College.
10 benefits of GMLPF membership
As well as inclusion in Mapped Out – GMLPF’s unique online directory of Apprenticeships and other provision for 16 to 18 year olds – here are ten other benefits of membership:
1. Networking events with other members
2. Regular updates on national, regional and local issues that affect you
3. A central point of contact and support for learning providers
4. GMLPF lobbying activity gives you a voice that’s heard by decision makers
5. Links to industry networks and professional bodies
6. Collaboration and sharing of best practice with other learning providers
7. Subsidised training sessions
8. Participation in GMLPF marketing campaigns targeting young people, employers and schools
9. Consultations on issues such as quality and funding
10. Inclusion on GMLPF’s digital channels including the website and social media and benefit from our PR team’s activity
To discuss joining GMLPF, get in touch today:
T: 0151 707 8775